Thursday, June 10, 2010

Have You Ever Wondered?: A New Sunday Night Series @ ABC





Two events in the recent past have led me to realize the need to have an "anything goes," open time of discussion about whatever topic is on our people's minds regarding faith and life.

FIRST, my wife and I were graciously invited to spend a weekend with our Senior Adults in Branson, MO at the end of this past April. The man who puts this event together each year came to me with a request, "Could we simply have an open ended time where people could ask any questions they've been wanting answered regarding God, the Bible, Christian practice, etc.?" I immediately felt like it was blessed idea! So we did, it was a hit, incredible discussion erupted, and together as God's people we sought out the Word!

SECOND, LifeChurch.tv did a sermon series several months ago on this exact subject "FAQ." (even though I couldn't find the series in their sermon archives) Allow me to be clear, I'm not claiming here that Lifechurch.tv is the "mouthpiece of God" in these corrupt days, and that anything they do is a must for every other church, but I will attest to this much: they boldly handle issues in their sermon series' that both teach the "whole counsel of God" and meet people where they are. So, they're worth taking a cue or two from.

If you've any questions to throw into the mix, please, for the sake of Christian growth, send them to me either by posting a response to this post or emailing me at bryan.laramore@gmail.com

For the Glory of Christ,

Bryan


0 Addendums:

Post a Comment

<< Home